Whether you’re at the top of your game in business or are a college student just starting out in your business education, learning from others who work in the field is essential to helping you grow and become better at what you do. Here are some blog posts that will inspire you to be a better business leader in a variety of aspects, from your ability to communicate to your passion for the work itself. If you don’t have time to read them now, bookmark them to read later, or to reread when you need a burst of inspiration.
These posts offer some inspiration and guidance for better leadership in business.
- Humility as a Leadership Trait: Read this post to learn why having humility as a leader is essential to helping you lead better and more effectively.
- What Is the Single Most Important Task for a Leader?: This post from Fast Company will help explain what you should really be focusing on in your leadership role.
- Do You Know How Your Group Works?: If you want to be an effective manager and leader in your business, you should read this post on understanding group dynamics.
- 5 Things I Have to Do, But Don’t Like to Do, As a Leader: Being a leader means sometimes having to do things you don’t want to do, as you’ll learn from this post from Ron Edmondson.
- Nine Great Questions for Leaders: Read this post and formulate your own answers to these very important leadership questions.
- Leadership Isn’t About You: Check out this Harvard Business Blog post to get some perspective on your leadership role and understand that there are more important things to worry about than yourself when it comes to being a leader.
- 11 Principles of Entrepreneurial Leadership: Learn some of the essentials of leading as an entrepreneur from this helpful post.
- The Manager’s Cheat Sheet: 101 Common-Sense Rules for Leaders: This post collects numerous tips and tricks to help you become a better leader and manager.
- The Business of Forgiveness: When we get angry it is often our knee-jerk reaction to get even, but this blog post explains how it is better to forgive and move on instead.
- How to Escape Perfectionism: As a leader, you may find yourself never satisfied with the work you are doing. This post will show you that perfectionism isn’t necessary for success.
- Leaders Hold Themselves to a Higher Standard: Are you holding yourself to an impossible standard? You just might be if you’re a leader, as this post explains.
- Creating a Business Culture: Learn the basics of creating a working business culture from this blog post.
- 24 Tips for being happy at work: Here, the Happiness Projects’ Gretchen Rubin shares some tips that could help you to be happier at work, no matter what you do.
- 10 Tips for Getting Along With Coworkers: Whether they are your subordinates or your coworkers, some people will undoubtedly rub you the wrong way. Learn how to get along with them from this post.
- Nurturing employees’ work life balance in a meaningful workplace: Read this post to learn how to create a work atmosphere that values a personal life as well.
Knowing how to talk to others is essential to good business. Get a few pointers on bettering your skills from these posts.
- The Art of Giving Praise: This post from Harvard Business will explain why you should hand out praise to your employees when they deserve it.
- The Need to Be Right: Learn from this post by Seth Godin why you shouldn’t always push forward to be right in every situation.
- 9 Principles of Quality Customer Service: This post will teach you what it takes to keep customers happy and coming back.
- Conflict at Work: Steve Rosler offers some advice on dealing with conflict at work in this post.
- Good Communication Can Promote Better Team Work and Prevent Misunderstandings in the Workplace: Read this post to learn why you as a leader should show the way to better communication in the workplace, and the benefits you can reap as a result.
- Talking Shop: Motivate employees through empowerment: Here, you’ll learn why it’s important to have employees speak up and be responsible for themselves and their work.
- Twelve Tips for Team Building: How to Build Successful Work Teams: This post will teach you how to better communicate with your employees or coworkers to create a team environment.
You won’t sell much in your business without good marketing, and these posts will show you how to make the most of what you’re doing.
- Leadership Is Now the Strongest Marketing Strategy: Read this post from Seth Godin to understand why good leadership is essential to good marketing.
- Practical Marketing Tips for New Entrepreneurs: Here, you’ll find some great marketing tips from the Wall Street Journal.
- Top 5 Branding Tips: Looking for some help branding your business? This post can help.
- Get Your Marketing Strategy Right and the Rest Will Follow: Learn why building an effective marketing strategy should be the foundation of many of your business practices.
- Four Tenets of Marketing Accountability: This post will teach you how to take responsibility for your marketing.
- Effective Twitter Marketing: Being a business these days means knowing how to tap into the latest technology. This post will explain how to market your products and services through a web program like Twitter.
- Top 10 Rules for Having a Strong Personal Brand: Whether you need help with selling your business or yourself, this post offers the essentials to doing it right.
If you’re starting your own business, these posts offer some advice essential to getting things off the ground the right way.
- The Get-Started-Now to Becoming Self-Employed: Read through this post from Zen Habits to get an idea of how to adapt to self-employment successfully.
- 30 Days to Success: Steve Pavlina will show you how to turn your ideas into success in a month.
- 12 Facts About Entrepreneurs That Will Likely Surprise You: Here are some things you might not have known about entrepreneurs, some of which might even describe you.
- Entrepreneur vs. Business Owner: This post will teach you the difference between these two things, which are far from being the same.
- 5 Sure-fire Ways to Know If Your Business Will Work or Not: Not sure if your business venture is bound for success? Use this post to help you figure it out.
- Entrepreneurs Have to Make Decisions, Quickly: Learn why it’s essential that you learn to make decisions on your feet as an entrepreneur from this post.
- 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job: In one of his most-read posts, Steve Pavlina extols the benefits of working for yourself.
Passion and Motivation
Pump up your motivation and drive to make your business the best with help from these posts.
- How to Do What You Love Without Selling Your Soul: Check out this post from Zen Habits to help you learn how to pursue your dreams without selling out.
- Goals Into Habits: Here, Steve Pavlina will show you how to make working towards your goals a part of your everyday life.
- How to Discover Your Life Purpose in About 20 Minutes: Not sure what you really want to be doing with your life? This post will show you how to figure it out.
- 33 Rules to Boost Your Productivity: Read through this post for some ideas how to get more done in less time from the master of GTD Steve Pavlina.
- Powerful Manifestos and Goal-Setting Tools: Get inspired to move forward in your business practices with some help from this post.
- How to Build Confidence and Destroy Fear: Here, you can learn how to be more confident in your work and less afraid of failure.
- Luck Is No Accident: 10 Ways to Get More Out of Work and Life: This post from Get Rich Slowly will show you how to make your own luck.
These blog posts will teach you the importance of innovation as a business leader.
- How to Think What No One Else Thinks: Want to think outside the box? Get some ideas from this Lifehack post on how to be more original in your thought process.
- Top Ten Tips for the Innovative Leader: This post will teach you some ways to be a more innovative and effective leader.
- Ten Great Ways to Crush Creativity: Read this post to learn what not to do if you want your employees or yourself to be creative.
Learn how to meet people and create relationships that can help your business here.
- 7 Deadly Sins of Networking and How to Avoid Them: Make sure your networking doesn’t fall into these traps.
- How to Network at a Business Conference: This post will teach you how to make the most out of networking opportunities at conferences.
- How the Company You Keep Can Fuel or Foil Your Success: Think it doesn’t matter who you associate with? This post will teach you that your relationships really can take a toll on your success in just about everything.
- Networking for Success: Learn some important pointers to improve how you talk to others and network for business.
Powered by Facebook Comments